I am BEYOND excited to announce my first workshop! I am going to be hosted by The Studio of Christine Wisnieski to teach Feng Shui Basics as part of their ongoing creative workshop series. It's an honor to be able to share my passion for the intersection of modern interiors and an ancient Chinese philosophy I've been practicing for nearly two decades now.
Feng Shui Basics | Mindful Modern Interiors
Date: October 18, 2017
Class Time: 6–9pm
Location: Studio of Christine Wisnieski
Class Size: 13
Students will learn some core practices of Form School Feng Shui, the school of study I've been practicing for 18 years and have trained in. I have been trained by one of the foremost authorities of Western Form School Feng Shui and have married my love of Interior design to my passion for wellness and the result is a powerful and modern approach to this ancient Chinese philosophy.
Students will learn how to see their environments differently and to use these powerful techniques toward creating a harmonious environment. The approach we'll learn is modern, fresh and easily adaptable. These are some fundamental tools of interior design as well as Feng Shui, all can be used uniquely by anyone to become more powerful in their lives.
Students will arrive with a simple hand-drawn or computer-generated floor plan of their home, (an example will be provided as part of a lead up email we send out to attendees). We'll use to your floor plan to create custom feng shui maps, one of the most powerful tools you can use to enhance your life as well as to inform your design choices (such as paint color, furniture layout, and selection). You'll go home with not just a custom map but a customized list of enhancement recommendations.
Each student will leave with a full-color workbook brimming with modern tips, tricks and tools they can reference and apply on their own, once back at home. The workbook will include a variety of examples and inspiration for your quick reference as well as specific ways to enhance your: wealth and prosperity, love and marriage, health and career along with several other key areas of focus in one's life.
Students will also leave with a beautiful and unique crystal and a better understanding of how these beautiful elements can be used to enhance their lives.
Who this is for: design lovers, interior fanatics, wellness warriors and pretty much anyone looking to make a big change in their life from attracting a life partner to more financial stability.
Some people consider Feng Shui and may or may not even think "I don't believe in it". But, I don't believe that's the right way to consider Feng Shui. It's not a religion. It's not magic. There is nothing mystical. There are a lot of misconceptions and indeed there are many different "schools" (or ways to consider/apply) of Feng Shui, but what it all boils down to is "balance and harmony".
Do you believe in balance and harmony?
Do you want more of it in your life? Most of us do. But most of us don't realize there is another way, other than just making yourself crazy doing it all (or being too tired to think about it) to find balance and harmony in your life.
And if you're already working on or ever spend any amount of time and money on your home, then you don't really even have to "add" more things to think about to your day, just make the time you're already spending work smarter and harder for you.
A friend I recently did a home assessment for told me that one of the greatest take aways was the way that it helped whittle down decisions and narrow the field of options. It gave her a better function or sense of direction with some of the design decisions she was already spending energy (and money) making.
I'll teach you how to "SEE" with "Feng Shui eyes". How to create harmony in your home (and subsequently, your life) by creating a more balanced environment. Often times the best solutions are already found amongst your existing items, we just do a little rearranging of furniture and/or art and you'll instantly feel the difference! Even the simplest of changes can have an extremely powerful impact on your life.
SPECIFICALLY, WHAT WILL YOU LEARN AT THE WORKSHOP?
We'll learn how to see our environments differently and to use powerful techniques toward creating a harmonious environment. We'll learn:
- We'll learn about how to best approach the interior design of our homes or any space, talking about the order in which to work, the best way to determine the floor plan, and color-selection. We'll learn about Ch'i, or positive energy flow, and how to enhance it in our environments.
- What the heck "yin + yang" is really all about and how to see our environments through that lens
- About the five elements and how to use our knowledge of elemental cycles to enhance our homes
- We'll learn about the Feng Shui map (the bagua map) and how to apply it to our homes to enhance specific areas of our lives such as our wealth and prosperity, fame and reputation, love and marriage, creativity and children, health and family, knowledge and self-cultivation, career and helpful people and travel.
- We'll have a cursory lesson on the power of crystals and how to use them as decor in a modern way.
What will you leave with?
- We'll create custom maps for each of your homes and you'll all leave with a personalized enhancement recommendations list.
- A gorgeous and unique crystal and a list of ways to use it once you get back home!
- A full-color workbook FULL of tips, tricks and tools that you're bound to dog-ear, bookmark, drawn in, plan in, and read over and over for life!
There are only 13 tickets available. They've just gone on sale, I do hope you'll snatch one up before they're gone! I really hope you'll be there!
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to email me personally at: danielle (at) deboestudio.com